Beetroot is uniquely colourful among all vegetables. It releases wonderful colour to the dish if added in reasonable quantity. We prepare variety of dishes like curry and salad. This is little different recipe with chana dal which taste good with rice.
- Beetroot - 2 medium sized
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cloves - 3 nos
- Onion - 1 large sized
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chana dal - 1/4 cup
1. Pressure cook the chana dal & set aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add cinnamon stick, cloves and finely chopped onions. Saute till tender.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chilly powder & salt to taste.
4. Add cut beetroot & cook till done.
5. Finally add the chana dal & cook for 5 more mins.
Serve with rice.