I’m a brownie fan. Give me a dense, fudgy brownie over a cake or cookie any day. Brownies must not be overbaked if you want them dense and moist – these will begin to pull away from the edges of the pan, but still be very moist in the middle. You’ll want damp crumbs sticking to a skewer poked in the middle – or judge by sight and feel. If the edges are set but the brownies are still soft in the middle, they should be done. Remember they’ll firm up as they cool. These brownies freeze well if you want to bake them ahead
- Semi sweet chocolate - 700 gms
- Almonds - 1/4 cup (Chopped)
- Butter - 1 cup
- Eggs - 6 nos
- Sugar - 11/2 cups
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Flour - 1 12/ cups
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease & line up the baking pan with the parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together & set it aside.
3. Sieve together the flour, baking powder & salt.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla essence & sugar. Fold in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
5. Fold the dry ingredients & almonds into chocolate mixture & bake it for 40 mins or until done.
Happy baking :)