- Unsalted butter - 175 g
- Plain chocolate (semisweet) - 115 g
- Light muscovado (brown) sugar - 1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Eggs, beaten - 3 nos
- Yoghurt - 150 ml
- Self raising flour - 150 g
- Fondant for decorating & covering the cake
Whipped cream frosting :
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C. Grease and line up the baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the vanilla extract, then gradually beat in the egg in small quantities, beating well after each addition.
5. Stir in the melted chocolate and yoghurt. Sift the flour over the mixture, then fold in gently with a large metal spoon.
6. Divide the mixture between the tins. Bake for 25 - 30 mins or until the cakes are firm to the touch.
7. Leave to stand for 5 mins, then turn out on to a wire rack to go cold. Remove the lining paper.
8. Frost the cake with the whipped cream frosting & decorate it with the fondant.
Happy baking :)