- Butter - 1 cup
- Eggs - 6 nos
- Red food colouring - 1 ounce
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
- All purpose flour - 3 cups
- Buttermilk - 1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- White vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Whipped cream icing for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 170 C. Grease and flour the baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter with sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix food coloring with cocoa and add to mixture.
3. Add flour alternatively with buttermilk. Add vanilla and salt.
4. Mix baking soda with vinegar, and gently stir into mixture.
5. Bake it for 30 mins or until done. Allow to cool.
6. Decorate the cake with the whipped cream. I made sugar candy for ice effect.
Enjoy baking :)