A simple salad today is grated beet spiced with chillies and peanuts. It makes for a pretty and delicious side with any meal. This beet salad works well with any Indian spread or use it in wraps or sandwiches.
- Beetroot - 1 large sized, grated
- Onion - 1 no, finely chopped
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Roasted peanut - 1/4 cup, roughly crushed
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Mix all this ingredients together. Chill for a hour and serve.