This is on of those awesome cakes that is deeply chocolaty without being overwhelming and that manages to get a little more list and crave-worthy as it sits for a few days tightly wrapped. This is a great recipe for doubling and freezing. This can be used for ice cream sandwiches, or cubed and layered with cream and crushed meringues. Simply delicious !!!
- All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cups
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 2 nos
- Milk, room temperature - 1/2 cup
- Him berry - 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line up the baking loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Sieve together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
3. Cream together butter, vanilla extract and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and keep whisking after each addition.
4. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with milk. Start and end with flour mixture. Gently, fold the chopped him berry and bake it for 45 to 60 mins or until the skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Allow them to cool completely and decorate some him berry on top and serve.
Happy baking :)