Brinjal and green peas curry is very delicious and unique preparation. We can use both fresh, frozen or dried peas for this curry. This can be served with both rice and rotis.
- Brinjal - 5- 6 medium sized
- Fresh green peas - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cloves - 3 nos
- Green cardamom - 2 nos
- Onion - 2 small sized, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilly - 1 no
- Coconut, grated - 1/2 cup
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp (to taste)
- Tamarind pulp - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat oil in the heavy bottomed pan, add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom and finely chopped onions. Saute till tender.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, green chilly and salt. Saute.
3. Add sliced brinjal and green peas (if you are using dried peas, soak them for few hours).
4. Grind together coconut, tamarind pulp and chilly powder to smooth paste and add them to the brinjal curry.
5. Add enough water and cook them till done. (I pressure cook them for one sound)
6. Garnish them with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with rice / rotis.