Everytime I buy cabbage, I finally end up in purchasing bigger sized one. I like to add this juicy vegetable in most of my dishes like fried rice, spring rolls, vada, raita & so on. And this time I made this crispy pakoda with cabbage & few other handy ingredients. It was crispy & great with jeera rice. Nice twist yet taste delicious.
- Shredded cabbage - 2 cups
- Besan - 3 tbsp
- Rice flour - 3 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 1 no
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tsp + for frying
1. Combine shredded cabbage, besan, rice flour, red chilly powder, finely chopped green chillies, baking soda, finely chopped onion, curry leaves & 1 tsp hot oil.
2. Dont add water (if necessary add 1 tsp of water) (After 3 min, onion & cabbage release some water which is enough for the batter)
3. Heat oil in the frying pan & deep fry the pakoda till golden brown and crispy on either sides.
Serve warm with tomato ketchup.
Addition of ginger garlic paste will enhances the flavour & taste too.