Indian dishes are meant for its flavour & spices used. Especially, when it comes to non-veg dishes, we have varieties & taste unique. One of my favourite & comfort dish is spicy red curry chicken kuruma and its color, aroma, flavour & taste will make my meals memorable. This taste great with rice, coconut rice, rotis, naan & with any kind of flavoured rice.
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Onions - 2 nos
- Riped tomato - 2 nos
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Cloves - 4 nos
- Cardamom - 3 nos
- Bay leaf - 1 no
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Coconut paste - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves
1. Clean & cut the chicken. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the heavy bottomed pan, add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves & bay leaf.
3. Add finely chopped onions & saute till golden brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste & mint leaves. Saute for 2 mins.
5. Add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder & salt to taste.
6. Add chilly powder & chicken. Cover and cook till tender.
7. Add coconut paste (grind the coconut smoothly). Simmer & cook for 5 mins.
8. Finally add finely chopped corriander leaves & serve warm.
Taste yum with rice & rotis.