Taking a small break from the daily routine & spending time with the loved ones is memorable, especially for those who stay long from the family. Though its few weeks I spend with my parents it fills my heart with joy and happiness.
Chick peas sundal is prepared during festival seasons. I make this very often for my son. Addition of chilly powder is optional. Best snack during evening time.
- Chick peas - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1 no
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Red chillies - 3 nos
- Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp (Optional)
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Grated coconut -1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Soak the channa dal in the water overnight & pressure cook them (add salt). Set aside.
2. Heat oil in the kadai, add mustard seeds, urad dal, red chillies & curry leaves.
3. Add finely chopped onions & chilly powder (optional). Saute it for 5 mins.
4. Add the cooked channa dal. Saute it for 3 mins.
5. Finally add the grated coconut & salt to taste. Switch off the flame.