I have been postponing this dish for many months. Finally, I made this weekend to host my guest. It was superduper hit & within 2 days my tray was empty. It taste simply divine. Raisins & a tsp of brown sugar made my dessert extremely delicious.
- Bread slices - 5 nos
- Brown sugar -1 tsp
- Warm milk - 2 cups
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Custard powder - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 3 nos
- Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Sugar to taste
1. Combine custard powder in a tsp of cold milk & keep aside.
2. Now combine warm milk, butter, custard powder mixture & lightly beaten eggs together. Bring it boil on low flame. Stirring continously. (Bring it to room temperature)
3. Add cinnamon powder & vanilla essence to the above milk mixture.
4. Grease the baking pan with butter. Roughly chop the bread to pieces & arrange them in the greased pan. Spread the raisins, almonds & brown sugar over the bread pieces.
5. Now pour the milk mixture & bake them at 180 C for 30 mins.
Serve warm or cool.