Simple & quick dal curry taste good with rice & chapathis. Taste of tomatoes with green chillies bring the different flavour to the dal curry. I make this often especially when I make spicy non-veg dishes.
- Toor dal - 1/2 cup
- A pinch of hing
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Ghee -1 tsp
- Methi seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 no
- Tamarind juice - 1 tbsp
- Coconut finely grated - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes - 2 nos
- Green chillies (as per ur spice)
- Garlic - 1 pod
- Red chillies - 2 nos
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
1. Pressure cook the toor dal with a pinch of hing & turmeric powder. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil & ghee in the pan, add methi seeds, mustard seeds, red chillies,curry leaves & urad dal.
3. Add finely chopped onions & saute for 5 mins on medium flame.
4. Meanwhile, cook the tomatoes with green chillies & garlic. Smash & add them to the onion.5. Add the toor dal, grated coconut, tamarind juice & water. Allow it to boil.
6. Once done, garnish it with freshly chopped corriander leaves.
Serve it with rice or chapathis.