Every time I visit book shop, I make sure to add a one to my "baking books" collections. A year before I bought a book on baking cakes and pravin wants me to bake this lemon seed cake. It's been almost a year I keep on postponing his wish & finally the day arrived to bake this cake and celebrated my birthday last month. This time pravin surprised me with lotz of gifts the whole day & finally he felt satisfied and worth buying this wonderful book on cake baking. He enjoyed till his last bite of cake. It just melted inside & taste awesome !!!
- All purpose flour - 1 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp
- Cornflour - 1 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 175 gms
- Castor sugar - 200 gms
- Lemon zest (grated) - 1/2
- Eggs (lightly whisked) - 3 eggs
- Hot water - 1 tbsp
- Caraway seeds - 2 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 160 C. Lightly grease and flour a bundt pan.
2. Sieve flour, cornflour and baking powder.
3. Cream butter and sugar, stir in grated lemon zest. Beat in eggs, adding a little sifted flour mixture to prevent curdling. Fold in remaining flour.
4. Meanwhile, pour hot water over caraway seeds & add to cake mixture.
5. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 50 mins or until well risen and golden.
Serve with tea.