Love for rice never ends !!!! We make different variety rices & among them vangibath rice is quite simple and easy to make with the pre-made spice powder. Either we can use store bought stuff or freshly homemade powder. This time I used MTR vangibath powder & it tasted just home made. Would be the best lunch box menu for all ages. It taste divine :)
- Rice - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 small sized
- Green chillies - 2 to 3 nos
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Eggplant - 2 cups (diced)
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup ( dry roast them )
- Vangibath masala - 3 tsp (to taste)
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts (roasted) - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
1. Cook the rice & keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add the seasonings (cumins seeds, channa dal & mustard seeds), curry leaves, green chillies & finely chopped onions. Saute till tender.
3. Add turmeric powder, salt & diced eggplant. Cover & cook till done.
4. Add vangibath powder & grated coconut. Cook for 3 more mins.
5. Once done, mix the cooked rice, lemon juice & roasted cashewnuts.
6. Garnish with corriander leaves.