Sweet & Sour imli chutney is very essential for many varieties of chaat items like bhel puri, pani puri, papadi chat, dahi puri & samosa. Easy to make & a dash of chutney makes the dish more delicious and exotic. Refrigerate & use it for 10 days.
- Tamarind pulp - 100 gms
- Water - 2 cups
- Jaggery - 200 gms (depends on how sweet u required)
- Black salt - 1 tsp
- Saunf powder - 1/2 tsp
- Roasted Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Dissolve the tamarind pulp in water & bring it to boil. Cook for 10 mins.
2. Add jaggery powder, black salt, cumin powder, saunf powder, red chilly powder, garam masala & salt. Cook on low-medium flame until it becomes thick.
Refrigerate & use when required.