Most popular Hyderabad sweet , served for all special occasions. Very rich dessert & bit a time consuming process yet taste absolutely delicious.
- Milk - 1 litre
- Sugar - 1/3 cup
- 6 Saffron strands
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Bread slices - 7 slices ( a day old)
- Ghee / oil for frying
To garnish :
1. Boil the milk over the low flame in a non-stick pan until it reaches 1/3rd of its consistency. This will be thick like rabdi. Add sugar, saffron strands & cardamom powder. Refrigerate it.
2. Now heat the oil / ghee in the pan and deep fry the bread slices. (We can also shallow fry the bread slices using the ghee)
3. Heat ghee in the pan, fry the nuts & keep aside.
To serve :
Arrange the toasted bread slices in the serving plate. Pour some rabdi over the bread slices. Garnish it with the roasted nuts & saffron.