Happy Birthday Visisht !!!
Adding a little glycerine to this delicate almond cake helps it retain its moisture for longer, so you can make it ahead of time. The cake is ideal for any type of celebration, and you can vary the icing colours to suit.
- Self raising flour - 21/2 cups
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ground almonds - 50 g
- Soft Margarine - 11/4 cups
- Eggs - 5 nos
- A few drops of almond extract
- Milk - 1 tbsp
- Glycerine - 1 tbsp
Whipped cream frosting :
1. Preheat the oven to 160 C. Grease and line up the baking pan with the parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and almonds into a large bowl. Add the margarine, eggs, sugar, almond extract, milk and glycerine and beat for about 2 mins until smooth.
3. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake it for 50 mins or until done.
4. Cool the cake completely and frost the cake with the whipping cream.
I used gum paste for making the angry birds.
Happy baking :)