Happy Birthday Vishy !!! Celebration continues...
Vishy wants to have Tree Fu Tom cake for his birthday this year & he was too happy to make this cake for his friends in his school. This unusual combination of ingredients make a surprisingly good, moist and chocolaty cake.
- All purpose flour - 11/2 cups
- Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- All spice powder - 1 tsp
- Large eggs, lightly beaten - 3 nos
- Brown sugar - 1 cup
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil - 1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Coarsely grated beets - 2 cups
Whipped cream frosting :
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C. Grease and line up the baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and all pice into a medium bowl. Beat the eggs, sugar, sour cream, oil and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the mixed dry ingredients. Stir the beets in by hand.
3. Bake the cake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center.
4. Cool the cake completely and frost the cake with the whipping cream.
Happy baking :)