Stuffed bread rolls are most popular Indian tea snack. Soaked slices of bread are filled with spicy potato stuffing and then deep fried in oil makes them a mouth watering appetizer. We can substitute the stuffing with mutton kheema or anything of your choice.
- White bread slices - 10 nos
- Oil - 1 tsp plus for deep frying
- Onion - 2 no
- Potatoes - 3 large sized
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
1. Boil & mash the potatoes. Heat oil in the pan, add finely chopped onions, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste & salt to taste. Saute till tender.
2. Add chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder & garam masala. Saute for 5 more mins.
3. Add mashed potatoes, lemon juice & coriander leaves. Cook till done. Keep aside.
4. Cut the edges of bread & dip the slices in the water. Gently squeeze the water by pressing it in your palms.
5. Place the potato stuffing in the centre of this bread & roll them, sealing the edges.
6. Deep fry the bread rolls till golden brown colour.
Serve hot with ketchup.