Falooda has a very distinct flavour and this is one dessert which is not to be missed. Although it can be served with any ice-cream of your choice. We can add flavoured jelly, rose syrup and fresh fruits for different variations. This is one of my most favourite recipe that I make it in summer whenever I crave for some dessert.
- Falooda sev (recipe below)
- Rabdi (recipe below)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Basil seeds or sabja or chia seeds - 2 tbsp (soaked in water for two hours)
- Nuts (optional)
For Falooda sev :
- Cornflour - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- A bowl of cold water filled with ice cubes
Mix together cornflour and water to a smooth batter. Cook over a medium flame until it becomes transparent and without any lumps (stir continuously). Fill the mixture in the sev press and squeeze them in the cold water. Keep aside.
Add food colouring, if you need coloured falooda sev.
For Rabdi :
- Milk - 4 cups
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- A few saffron strands
- A pinch of salt
Bring milk to boil and reduce it to half the quantity, stirring continuously. Add sugar, cardamom powder, salt and saffron strands. Refrigerate it.
Making Falooda's :
1. First layer the falooda sev in the serving glass.
2. Add 4 tbsp of rabdi on top.
3. Add soaked basil seeds and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Garnish it with nuts (optional)