These tikkis are most delicious and healthy snack which can be served with chutneys or just with tomato ketchup.
- Beetroot, grated - 1 medium sized no
- Boiled potato - 1 small sized
- Onion, finely chopped - 1 no
- Salt to taste
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp (or green chillies )
- Roasted cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Roasted peanuts - 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
- water - 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves, chopped - 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice / Dry mango powder - 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Oil for frying
1. Mix some salt in the grated beetroot. Keep aside for 5 mins and squeeze the juice from the beetroot.
2. Smash the potato.
3. Mix together beetroot, potato, onion, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste chilly powder, peanuts, coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt to taste.
4. In a another bowl, mix together flour and water. Make a paste without any lumps.
5. In a plate, pour the bread crumbs. Meanwhile heat the oil in the heavy bottomed pan.
6. Take a small amount of mixture and make a patties between the palm.
7. First dip the patties in the flour mixture and then in the bread crumbs. Deep fry it in the oil until crisp and done.
Serve hot :)