In weaning babies, in addition to choosing nutritional food, moms need to change food frequently so that their babies will not be tired of it and can eat more tastily. I like to use either chicken leg or thigh piece for making this soup for more flavour. By using homemade Rice n Dal Khichdi mix, the soup taste more delicious, nutritious and simplifies my cooking time. I gave this soup to my son from 7th month. It's yummy !!!
- Chicken leg - 1 no
- Rice n Dal khichdi mix - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1 small sized
- Tomato - 1 small sized
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Ghee - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
1. In a pan, mix all the ingredients together and pressure cook them till done.
2. Allow the mixture to cool down completely and remove the meat from the chicken and keep aside.
3. In the processor, blend the mixture along with the chicken meat either coarsely or to smooth paste (depending upon the consistency your baby likes to have).