Quick, easy, reliably moist batch of whole wheat banana muffins. Whole wheat isn't just a health statement here; the taste of the whole grain makes a nutty, pleasant flavour. The fact is whole wheat flour is lower in gluten than regular all-purpose flour also means a more tender muffin.
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
- Mashed banana - 1 1/2 cups (I used 2 large bananas)
- Eggs - 2 nos, lightly beaten
- Maple syrup - 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/3 cup
- Sunflower oil - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Walnuts / almonds - 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease the muffin pan or line up the muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. Keep aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla extract.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined. The batter will be thick and chunky.