Anything & everything in bread and cornflakes are most stable weekday breakfast menu while in weekends I try to make typical Indian dishes. Today, I made this simple and delicious rice sevai upma just to fulfill my family wish to have the breakfast atleast before 10.00 am. I served it with garlic pickle & it was yum :)
- Rice sevai / noodles - 2 cups
- Onion - 2 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 3 to 4 nos (or Red chillies)
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Dessicated coconut - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Cook the rice sevai in the salted boiling water till done. (It takes arround 2 to 3 mins to cook). Drain the excess water & keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add urad dal, mustard seeds, red chillies, curry leaves & finely chopped onions. Saute till tender.
3. Add the cooked sevai, salt to taste & dessicated coconut. Toss well.
4. Remove from heat & serve warm.
Ready to serve.