I become crazy, when it comes to sea food dishes becoz i just love to have it at any time. Anything simple to cook with little spices will always turn out extremely delicious and this vanjaram (Seer fish) fish fry is ideal. Be generous in adding oil which enhance the taste & flavour. Perfect with rice / appetizer.
- Fish slices - 6 nos
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder to spice
- Tamarind pulp - 1/4 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Finely chopped corriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Fish fry masala, optional ( I used Aachi fish fry masala) - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice while serving
1. Combine turmeric powder, chilly powder, tamarind pulp, finely chopped corriander leves, fish masala & salt to taste in a flat dish.
2. Apply this marination to the fish pieces & keep aside for atleast one hour.
3. Heat oil in the frying pan, roast the marinated fish slices till golden brown in either sides.
4. Before serving, drizzle some lemon juice for little tangy taste.