Its always fun baking cake with kids especially for special occasions. My little prince turning 4 started his day by baking his cake, candle blowing & finally cake cutting. Perfect chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and apricot flavour. Sacher torte the most popular german cake & that was his birthday cake as well. It taste simply delicious with fresh cream.
- Semi-Bitter chocolate - 200 gms
- Sugar - 150 gms plus 5 tbsp
- Eggs - 8 nos
- Butter - 150 gms
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- A pinch of salt
- All purpose flour - 150 gms
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar - 30 gms
- Apricot preserve / Jam - 250 gms
- 300 gms semi bitter chocolate
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Melt the 200 gms chocolate over water. Keep aside.
2. Seperate the egg yolks & whites.
3. Combine the butter, sugar, salt, vanilla extract & egg yolks till creamy and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate & mix.
4. Sieve the flour & baking powder together.
5. Gently fold the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture.
6. Whisk the egg whites with powdered sugar till soft peaks. Gently fold them to the cake mixture. Grease the baking pan & bake the cake for 45 mins or until done.
7. Heat the apricot preserve & filter it.
8. Meanwhile cool the cake & divide it equally. Apply the warm apricot preserve in the middle & over the cake. Refrigerate the cake for 2 hours.
9. Now melt the 300 gms chocolate with 5 tbsp of butter. Pour the chocolate ganache over the cake & spread it over the sides. Allow it cool.
Ready to serve.