Apple Crumble is a recipe that anyone can make! It’s sweet and the crispy, crunchy topping with vanilla ice cream is divine!
I have always loved Apple crumble, apple pie, and well, pretty much anything with apples! Apple crumble is SO easy to make and anyone can do it.
My son enjoyed making this delicious dessert as he gets ice cream / whipped cream along with this.
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 5 tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- In a bowl, toss together apple, brown sugar and cinnamon, until well coated.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with butter and transfer the apples to it. Dot with cold butter. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the ingredients for the topping. Cut the butter into the mixture with a pastry cutter. Refrigerate this for about 10 minutes if you’ve got the time.
- Spread chunks of the topping mixture over the apples and bake for 35-40 minutes until the apples are done.
- If the apples are rather juicy, you might have to drain off the excess juices halfway through baking.
- Sneak in a few bites while still in the oven, under the pretext of making sure there isn’t too much liquid in there.
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.