- Dry milk powder - 1 cup
- All purpose flour - 4 tbsp
- Yoghurt - 4 tbsp
- Clarified butter - 2 tbsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 4 cups
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Rose essence (optional) - few drops
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Saffron - few strands (optional)
- Oil for deep frying
1. Make the syrup in a pan by adding water, sugar, rose syrup, cardamom powder and saffron.
2. Meanwhile, get the oil for deep-frying ready. Heat up the oil on low to medium heat.
3. For the dumplings, in a mixing bowl,add in all dry ingredients i.e instant dry milk, all purpose flour and baking soda. Mix well and add in the clarified butter and after that slowly start mixing in the yogurt. Make into a dough.
4. Allow the dough to rest for 10-15 minutes . Make desired size balls, make sure they are smooth and do not have any creases. Carefully drop the dumplings in the oil and keep rotating them for an even colour. Once cooked, drop them in the sugar syrup. Soak it for at least 1 hr before serving.
Serve it with Vanilla ice-cream.