- Gram flour - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Ajwain - 1 tsp
- Hot oil - 3 tbsp plus for deep frying
- Salt to taste
1. Sieve the gram flour & rice flour.
2. Dry roast the ajwain & soak them in water for 10 mins. Grind them to a smooth paste & keep aside.
3. Now mix together the sieved flour, ajwain mixture, chilly powder, salt to taste & 3 tbsp of hot oil. Add enough water & knead the dough.
4. Use the small dotted hole mould for making omapodi & keep a portion of dough inside the presser and start pressing it into the hot oil by making circles.
5. Flip it after sometime. Take out and drain in a kitchen towel.
Store it in a air tight container.