- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Semolina - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Ajwain -3/4 tsp
- Chilly powder / Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- oil - 3 tbsp
- Lukewarm water for kneading
- Oil for frying
- Chaat masala
1. Combine flour, semoline, salt, ajwain, chilly powder and oil in a bowl. Mix well. Gradually add water and knead into a stiff dough. Cover with a moist cloth and set aside for 20 mins.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan till it is moderately hot. Reduce the flame.
3. Make small balls out of the dough and flatten them on your palms. Prick with a fork and deep fry in batches on low flame till the Mathris are golden and crisp. Drain on a paper towel and allow to cool. Sprinkle some chaat masala before storing these mathris in a air tight jar.
Best served with tea or hot pickle, anytime!!!