Dry chicken roast in green masala is delicious chicken busting with fresh greens flavours. Chicken is marinated first with lemon juice & salt and second marination is with fresh coriander, mint, green chillies, onion & then shallow fried. It is a dry version and is great accompaniment with rice, fried rice or like a starter. We love to have this with biryani.
- Chicken pieces - 500 gms
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
For grinding :
- Green chillies - 4 to 5 (To spice taste)
- Corriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves - 1/4 cup
- Tamarind pulp - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 no
1. Grind together green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, onion & tamarind pulp.
2. Marinate the chicken with lemon juice & salt for 1/2 hr.
3. Now marinate the chicken with the grounded masala for at least one hour.
4. Heat oil in the frying pan, add the marinated chicken pieces & keep frying over the medium flame till chicken is cooked & masala is dried completely.
Serve with rice or like a starter.