Apple jalebi are soo delicious while warm. Once they cool, loose their crunchiness and become very soggy. Apples are dipped in the flour batter and fried till crispy. Soak the fried apples in the cardamom flavoured sugar syrup for few seconds and garnish them with nuts and serve them with ice-cream for your choice. Instead of cardamom we can substitute rose fragrant sugar syrup !!!
- Apples - 2 nos, peeled & sliced in thin rings
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Dry yeast - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 3/4 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Yellow colouring (optional)
For Syrup :
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Nuts, for garnishing (optional)
For sugar syrup :
1. Boil the sugar and water together until one string consistency. Allow add lemon juice while cooking. Finally, add cardamom powder and set aside.
For the batter :
2. Dissolve the dry yeast along with the sugar in luke warm water and keep aside for 10 mins.
3. Mix together flour, salt and oil. Pour and mix the yeast mixture into dry ingredients and yellow colouring (optional). The batter should resemble like pancake / dosa batter.
4. Let the batter sit aside for an hour for fermentation.
5. Heat the oil over medium heat, dip the apple slices in the batter and deep fry until done.
6. Once the jalebi's are done, dip them in the warm sugar syrup for few seconds and garnish them with nuts (optional).
Serve them warm with ice-cream.