Best way of using all the leftover vegetables & yet another great dish which goes with rotis, dosa, idlies, ghee rice & rice is this spicy & colorful vegetable kuruma.
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cloves - 4 nos
- Cardamom - 2 nos
- Bay leaf - 1 no
- Saunf - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 no
- Tomato - 1 no
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- Vegetables - 1/2 cup (carrot, green peas, potato, capsicum, cauliflower)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Coconut paste - 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil in the pan, add saunf, onion & saute till golden brown.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, green chillies & chopped tomotoes. Add salt to taste.
3. Once cooked, switch off the flame & allow it cool. Grind them to fine paste.
4. Heat balance oil in the pan, add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves & bay leaf.
5. Add the vegetables, grounded paste & enough water. Cover & cook till vegetables are tender.
6. Add coconut paste & finally lemon juice.
Garnish with corriander leaves.