Absolute delicious vegetable pulav cooked in the coconut milk & spices. Green chillies add the heat to the dish & that can be adjusted to the individual taste. Rich & creamy pulav are best served with kuruma & onion raita.
- Basmati rice (or raw rice) - 1 cup
- Vegetables (carrot, beans, cauliflower, capsicum, peas) - 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cloves - 3 nos
- Cardamom - 2 nos
- Bay leaf - 1 no
- Onion - 1 no (chopped lengthwise)
- Green chillies - 3 to 4 no
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Mint leaves - 1 tbsp
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat oil in the pan, add cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf, cardamon & chopped onions. Saute for 5 mins.
2. Add garlic, mint leaves, green chillies & vegetables. Fry till vegetables are half cooked.
3. Meanwhile fry the rice in ghee & keep aside.
4. Add the fried rice & the remaining ingredients to the vegetable mixture. Cover and cook till done.
Garnish with corriander leaves.