Minced chicken kebab or reshmi kebabs is a quite popular dish in India. Once the mixture is ready, I realised the skewers are out of stock. Finally, I made it as a mini version & used toothpick which finally turned out extremely good and attractive. I served it with onions which work wonderfully on the barbecue.
- Minced Chicken - 500 gms
- Fresh ginger (finely chopped) - 1 tsp
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- Fresh corriander leaves, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom & mace powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- oil / butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp
1. Mix together the minced chicken, ginger, garlic, chillies, corriander leaves, black pepper powder, cardamon & mace powder and salt to taste. Chill it for 2 to 3 hrs.
2. Divide the mixture into portions and shape each one round a skewer, squeezing the meat gently with wet hands so it adheres to the skewer.
3. Grill the kebabs or shallow fry them for 10-12 mins, turning constantly & brushing regularly with oil or butter.
4. Sprinkle some chaat masala & lemon juice before serving.
Serve with onions.