Wish you all happy diwali. This diwali is something special for me. Everytime we go to India to celebrate this special occasion. But this time, we celebrated it here with nombu. We do lotz of prayers & fasting till late evening. We need to make athirasam or some jaggery sweet for the pooja. This time I made sweet appam & it turned out extremely delicious & soft. Very easy & simple to make.
- Wheat flour - 1/ 2 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Dessicated coconut - handful
- Riped banana - 1 no (Smashed)
- Sesame Seeds - 2 tsp
- Nuts ( cashewnuts) - 1 tbsp
1. Dissolve the jaggery in the water & filter it.
2. Combine all the ingredients together & add water if necessary till you get the idly batter consistency.
3. Heat oil in the appam pan & pour the appam batter. Cook till golden brown in either side.