Simple to make yet taste delicious. Most comfort & healthy dish which can be served with both rice & chapathis too. Even channa dal can be used instead of moong dal. My son likes to have this with rice & lotz of ghee. It taste yum :)
- Yellow pumpkin - 250 gms
- Moong dal - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 3 to 4 nos
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Garlic pods - 3 nos
- Onion - 1no
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
1. Cook the pumpkin. Keep aside.
2. Cook the moong dal and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, green chillies, curry leaves, garlic & finely chopped onions. Saute till tender.
4. Add cooked pumpkin & moong dal. Add grated coconut & salt to taste. Cook over low flame till done.
5. Garnish with corriander leaves.
Serve with rice & rotis.