These Mango-rich dessert are deliciously decadent. If you don't own a mini blowtorch, caramelise them under the grill.
- Heavy cream - 1 cup
- Mango pulp - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 to 3/4 cup (to taste) plus extra for topping
- Egg yolks - 4 nos
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tbsp
- A pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven at 150 C. Warm the cream in heavy bottomed pan.
2. Meanwhile whisk the egg yolks & sugar. Gradually add the warm cream & keep whisking. Once mixed, add the mango pulp.
3. Filter the mixture & add vanilla extract, cardamom powder & a pinch of salt.
4. Pour the mixture into the ramekins. Place the ramekins in the baking pan & pour in enough hot water to come halfway up their outside. Bake it for 40 to 45 min or until the custard are just set.
5. Cool off completely & refrigerate it.
6. When ready to serve, sprinkle one level teaspoon of caster sugar evenly over the surface of each creme brûlée, then caramelise with a blow torch.
Happy baking :)