- 51/2 oz (10 g) Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 31/2 oz (100 g) caster sugar
- 61/4 oz (180 g) plain flour
- 2 oz (55 g) rice flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C. Grease a shallow cake tin, preferable with a removable bottom.
2. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Sift over the flours, baking powder and salt and mix well.
3. Press the dough neatly into the prepared tin, smoothing the surface with the back of a spoon.
4. Prick all over with a fork, then score into equal wedges.
5. Bake until golden, 40-45 mins. Leave in the tin until cook enough to handle, then turn out and recut the wedges while still hot. Store it an airtight container.
Happy baking :)