Savoury maida biscuits is my childhood favourite snack. I love having some kind of spicy snack with my evening tea. Instead of cumin we can substitute with ajwain for different flavour. Perfect crunchy snack for any special occasion.
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp (Or Red chilly powder / Green chilly paste)
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp hot oil
- Water for kneading
- Oil for frying
1. Mix together flour, salt, pepper powder, cumin seeds and 1 tbsp of hot oil. Add enough water and knead the dough till smooth and firm.
2. Divide the dough into 4 equal portion and roll each portion into slightly thick roti's. Using the fork prick the rolled dough all over. Using the knife, cut them to desired shape.
3. Heat oil in the pan, deep fry the cut maida squares till crispy & golden brown.
Store them in the airtight container and enjoy :)