Ragi kali is most popular & traditional rural SouthIndian dish. This is called as poor man food. Very healthy food, rich in calcium, fibre and minerals. I like to have this with spinach dal curry or fish curry. I taste good when mixed with curd and served with onion and green chilly.
- Ragi flour - 1 cup
- Cooked rice - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water - 2 cups
- Oil / Ghee - 1/2 tsp
1. Boil the water in a pan. Add some salt & cooked rice to it.
2. Once the water is boiled, add the ragi flour. Cover the lid for 3 mins.
3. Using wooden spoon, stir the mixture without any lumps.
4. When the mixture comes together, turn off the heat.
5. Take a bowl and grease it with water. Drop the cooked mixture and swirl the bowl to form a ball. Transfer it to the serving plate. Add some ghee / oil before serving.