We can prepare this aloo stuffed chillies easily over the pan / grill / bake with very few ingredients. Roasted peppers/ chillies stand perfectly alone in flavour, but when you pair them with potatoes and other spices, you're in for a special meal. Taste great with hot steamed rice / rotis.
- Green chillies (big ) - 6 nos
- Potatoes - 3 large sized
- Salt to taste
- Dry mango powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- A pinch of hing
1. Boil the potatoes and peel the skin off. Smash the potatoes with enough salt.
2. To the potato mixture, add dry mango powder, garam masala, chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, cumin powder, hing and a tbsp of oil. Mix together without any lumps.
3. Clean the green chillies and slit each chilly from stem to tip and scoop out the innards.
4. Stuff each chilly (or pepper) with the potato filling.
5. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pan, arrange the stuffed chillies and cook them on all sides.
6. Sprinkle some coriander leaves before serving.
Serve with rice / rotis.