Most of us comfort dish would be simple dal curry. And this is one among my comfort dish with little twist which is healthy and nutricious. While recollecting & renewing our ancient dishes, this reminds me first. Taste of drumstick leaves in the dal with the indian seasonings makes this curry yummy :)
- Drumstick keera (leaves) - handful
- Toor dal - 1/2 cup
- A pinch of hing
- Garlic - 1 pod
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tbsp
- Fenurgreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp ( as per ur spice level)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sambar powder - 1 tbsp
- Coconut pieces - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Directions to cook :
1. Pressure cook the toor dal, turmeric powder, garlic & hing. Once cool, smash them & keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, fenugreek seeds & drumstick leaves. Saute for few mins.
3. Add chilly powder, sambar powder & chopped coconut pieces. Cook them until done.
Serve with hot steamed rice.