This homemade tomato soup is creamy, full of flavours and hearty. Amazingly this tastes awesome and simple to make. It's warm, cozy and healthy, which is probably the greatest combo for any soup. I like to serve this warm creamy soup with bread slices.
- Ripe Tomatoes - 4 medium sized
- Garlic - 4 pods
- Carrot - 1 small sized
- Celery - 1 inch piece
- Onion - 1 no
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp (optional)
- Butter / Oil - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Cream for garnishing
1. Heat butter / oil in the pan, add tomatoes, garlic, chopped onion, chopped carrot and celery. Cover and cook for few mins. Add enough water to cook completely. Allow them to cool completely.
2. Add the tomato mixture and blend them to smooth paste. Sieve the paste and bring it to boil, adding water if necessary.
3. Add cumin powder, sugar, coriander leaves, black pepper powder and salt to taste. Cook for few mins till done.
4. Garnish it with fresh cream before serving.