I like to bake my own bread and this is the first time I tired my hands on whole wheat bread. I followed the recipe from "Jenny can cook" and it came out really tasty and delicious. But I didn't achieve the dark brown coloured crust, as I covered the bread with foil for 15 mins while baking. Perfect for sandwich.
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- All purpose flour - 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Rapid rise instant yeast - 1 packet
- Warm Milk - 1 cup
- Egg - 1 no
- Oil - 2 tbsp
1. Sieve together whole wheat flour, all purpose flour (1/2 cup), sugar and salt together.
2. Add rapid rise instant yeast, warm milk, egg and oil to the dry ingredients and knead the dough in stand mixer for 10 mins or by hand for 20 mins. Add additional 1/4 cup of flour if needed. Rest the dough in warm place for one hour.
3. Meanwhile, grease the loaf pan and shape the dough in the pan. Cover and rest the dough in the warm spot to rise for another one hour or until double in size.
4. Preheat the oven at 180 C and bake the bread for 30 mins or until done.
Happy Baking :)