Pineapple kesari is most popular South Indian desserts served during special occasions like festivals & marriages. This is an easy and delicious dessert made using semolina, water and pineapples. I used fresh pineapples which taste good than canned ones and flavoured with saffron & cardamom powder.
- Semolina - 1 cup
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Water - 4 cups
- Lemon yellow color - few drops
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cups (to taste)
- Pineapple essence - 1/2 tsp
- Fresh pineapple, chopped - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Nuts (cashew nuts, raisins, badam)
- Saffron - few strands
1. Heat oil & 2 tbsp of ghee, add chopped pineapple and a tbsp of sugar. Cook them over medium flame until soft. Add semolina and roast them slightly.
2. Meanwhile, warm the water and add saffron, yellow color, sugar and pineapple essence.
3. Once the semolina is roasted, add the warm water and mix well. Cover and cook over low flame until done.
4. In another pan, add 1 tbsp of ghee and roast the nuts.
5. Once the semolina is cooked, add cardamom powder and roasted nuts.
First cook the fresh pineapple before adding semolina.