Banana Pudding is an old Southern treat. This recipe is the most basic, most easy, probably most well known dessert ever. My version is a quick and easy recipe using instant pudding, sliced bananas, vanilla wafers and whipped topping, although you can certainly use cooked pudding and make your own whipped cream. I often make this for the dinner parties, it’s a light and fun treat that we really enjoy in the summertime.
- 1 large instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 54 vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk for about 2 minutes to combine well.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk, and mix it well.
- To make 6 individual servings, use 9 cookies and 9 slices of banana per serving.
- For each serving, place one cookie and a banana slice on the bottom of an individual dessert dish. Line the sides with 5 cookies, and then repeat with banana slices.
- Pour in pudding and top with 3 more cookies and 3 banana slices.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours to let the cookies soften.
Garnish with whipped topping just before serving.