There are certain recipes which always remain our favorites and we can never be tired of cooking them over and over again. One such favorite recipe that I cook often and is enjoyed by my family and friends is the sombu chicken curry. This chicken curry recipe is not a fancy one, very simple, straightforward and quick to make.
Sombu is the only seasoning used, which enriches the flavour, aroma & taste of this dish. This is one of my comfort chicken dish especially during my weekdays menu.
- Chicken - 500gms
- 2 medium sized Onion
- 1 medium sized Tomato
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Chilly powder
- 1 tsp Corriander powder
- Saunf (Fennel seeds) - 2 tsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves
Directions to cook :
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottomed pan, fry onions till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste & tomato and cook till all the ingredients are well blended.
- Grind the onion tomato mixture & keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add the saunf & when it just start to brown, add the onion paste & stir well.
- Add the chicken pieces & stir well.
- Add the chilly powder, corriander powder & salt and cook till the chicken pieces are tender.
Garnish it with corriander leaves.
A tasty saunf chicken is ready in a matter of minutes. We have this with chapattis & goes better with rice as well :)