Baking is a fun. It gives me little happiness to see my cake rising inside the oven & soft when baked. Only during weekends, myself & pravin have tea together and spend more time in talking & having fun with our son. Tea with a piece of cake is the perfect combination to spend our best part of the day.
- All purpose flour - 200 gms
- Sugar - 250 gms
- Butter - 125 gms
- Eggs- 6 nos
- A pinch of salt
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Grease & dust the 26cm baking pan with butter & flour. Preheat the oven at 175 C.
- Seperate the eggs. Whisk the egg whites & salt till stiff. Gradually add the sugar & whisk continously.
- Beat the egg yolks & butter till light & pale yellow.
- Sieve the flour & baking powder. Add them to the egg yolk mixture.
- Finally, fold the egg white mixture to the above batter very gently.
- Bake at 175 C for 40 min or until done.
Perfect with tea.