I never thought of making the icecreams by my own. During our vacation holidays, amma buys & serve us the icecream with lotz of fruits & nuts. I & my brother will finish that in no time & stand in the Q for the next round.
Since, it had been bit warmer nowdays, I decided to make my favourite vanilla icecream. This is my first attempt & was a great hit.
- 3 large Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Vanilla extract - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Heavy cream - 2 cups
- Whole milk - 2 cups
- Pinch of salt
- Caramel sauce
- Any nuts -1/2 cup ( I used almonds)
For serving :
- Cherries - 1/2 cup (canned)
- Vanilla waffer
- Whipped cream
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar & vanilla extract till smooth & pale yellow in color. Keep aside.
- Combine & cook the heavy cream, milk & pinch of salt on a medium heat. Bring it to boil & switch off the flame.
- Now mix the warm cream mixture into the egg mixture very gradually, whisking continously.
- Cook the above mixture in the sauepan on the medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until the mixture is thickened. Switch off the flame & chill the mixture in the fridge.
- Transfer the mixture to the ice cream maker & freeze it according to the manufacturer's directions.
It approx. takes 30 - 45 mins (depending upon the ice cream maker).
- Spread the freezed icecream in the box as the first layer.
- Spread the caramel sauce & nuts as the second layer.
- Repeat the same.
- Freeze it in the refrigerator & serve.
Serve them with whipped cream, vanilla waffer & the cheeries.